Tea and Horse Caravan Road (7 days/ 6 nights)
Explore the main highlights of north Yunnan, enjoying some quiet sites along the way, including Dali, Shaxi, the Tiger Leaping Gorge and Lijiang. Perfect place for expats living in huge asian cities.<
Day 1 : Dali (alt : 1900m)
Airport transfer to hotel. Dali, with its narrow streets, old stone houses and flower gardens has preserved its authentic character. Settling into the hotel. Exploring the old town, nestled between the Cangshan mountains (average altitude 4000 m) and Lake Erhai.
Overnight accommodation in the old town in a charming typical Bai hotel surrounding a flowery courtyard.
Day 2 : Dali (alt : 1900m)
Discover beautiful villages such as Shuanglang, Xizhou etc. bordering Lake Erhai with stunning, almost maritime panoramas, in the heart of a region where the Bai ethnicity. Attractions include temples, markets and traditional houses. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon.
Overnight in the same hotel.
Day 3 : Shaxi (alt : 2080m)
Departure for Shaxi (about 3 hours’ drive).Visit of Three Pagodas. The tallest of the three has 16 tiers that reach a height of 69 meters. Visit Sideng, former regional trading post located on the Tea and Horse caravan trail. The main square, old dwellings and small temples are now preserved sites. Inhabited by the Bai ethnic group the town has retained many of its traditions due to its isolated location.
Overnight in Shaxi in a charming hotel.
Day 4 : Shaxi (alt : 2080m)
Day trip to the Shibaoshan archaeological site that dates back to the Nanzhao Kingdom (8th century). Sandstone statues, temples with cornice blocks and beautiful landscapes. Opportunity to return to the hotel on foot via a graveled road (2 hours of easy, flat or downhill walking), making a loop through the photogenic rock formations typical of this region.
Overnight in the same hotel.
Day 5 : Lijiang (alt : 2400m)
Departure for Lijiang (about 5 hours’ drive.). Stop at Tiger Leaping Gorge situated at a staggeringly narrow part of the valley. Carved between the Haba and Jade Dragon mountains with peaks over 5000 m high, these are some of the deepest gorges in the world. Its vertical and vertiginous panoramas are simply breathtaking ! Continue on to Lijiang, the capital of the Naxi ethnic group. Lijiang is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Arrival in the late afternoon.
Night in a charming hotel in the heart of the old town.
Day 6 : Lijiang (alt : 2400m)
Morning walk in the old town at the very best time, before the myriad of shops are open. Visit the Black Dragon Pool park and Dongba Museum which exhibits the Naxi shamanistic religion with their pictographic writing used for the transcription of their founding legends. Free time in afternoon.Free time in afternoon.
Overnight in the same hotel
Day 7 : Lijiang (alt : 2400m)
Transfer to the airport.
Price per person
- Based on 2 people travelling together, 7 days from 10 000 RMB or 1250 €*
- Based on 4 people travelling together, 7 days from 6 250 RMB or 781 €*
- Based on 6 people travelling together, 7 days from 6 000 RMB or 750 €*
This price includes
- Airport tranfert
- Transportation by private vehicle with driver (gasoline and tolls included)
- Accommodation as indicated (6 nights)
- Having a guide who speaks fluent Chinese and English accompanying you
- All entrance fees to sites included in the program (The three Pagodas, Shibaoshan mountain, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Lijiang Old Town, Black Dragon Pond)
- Local travel insurance. Please note this does not replace Repatriation Insurance *
- The good company and cheeriness of our team !
This price does not include
- International and domestic flights to Kunming and from Lijiang
- * Repatriation Insurance, which you must purchase before your departure. Documentation or other evidence (such as the credit card purchase of flight) will be requested
- Personal expenses
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Your meals and drinks
At a glance
- Duration : 7 days / 6 nights
- Cities visited : Dali, Shaxi, Lijiang,
- Option : Kunming, hiking in the Tiger Leaping Gorge, Shangri-La
- Price from : 750 €
Recommandé par le Guide du Routard !
Because we are recommended by world tourism experts!